We went this morning at 8:30 for my ultrasound (hereby known as u/s). The u/s tech did the external part of the scan and didn't really say anything. Apparently, she was under the impression that I was 8 weeks along. She did ask me at one point if I was having any cramping or bleeding (because what she was seeing was not compatible with an 8 week old embryo). I got frightened when she said that and almost felt like I was going to faint. Then she did the internal part of the u/s. It was not very pleasant, but we were able to see the "gestational sac". The tech said she could see a little tiny yolk sac inside the gestational sac. I know that is confusing terminology for those of you who know nothing about the early stages of pregnancy. No heartbeat or "fetal pole" was see yet. The tech said that usually doesn't show up until the 6th week. I am 5 weeks, 1 day today. She said my doctor will probably want to follow up with an u/s in about 2 weeks. Well, when I left after my u/s, I was so upset. I was certain that things aren't progressing properly. I called the doctor's office to get my results. They said they would have to call me back because the results of the u/s weren't available yet. I finally got a call at 3 pm. The nurse practioner (NP) said basically it's too early yet to see the heartbeat and we'll have to repeat it, but she wanted to talk to the doctor first. I asked her if I could have another hcg (pregnancy hormone) level drawn and she said no problem! So I ran down to the lab and had the blood drawn. I was able to check my level at work and it came up to 6,397! So that's very good news! Keep growing baby! Hopefully we'll see your little heart beating in a few weeks!
We may be breaking the news to mom, dad and Jess this Saturday. I'm still debating. Andy wants to wait until we see the heartbeat, but I could use some extra support!
2013 Recap
12 years ago








0 comments:
Post a Comment