Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bathroom troubles

So my dad came down this weekend to help with the master bathroom remodel. Well, first off, the vanity we picked will not accomodate our cold water pipe - the back of the drawers are in the way. The vanity itself has two black scuff marks on it that we cannot get off - so it's being returned. Second, I get home from work today, to find out that the wallpapering did not go so well - they had a lot of trouble getting it to stick. I - HATE- WALLPAPER!!!! So we tore down what hard work they did and Andy is going to call a contractor on Monday to see what we can do about the walls. We'd rather paint them anyway! I feel bad that my dad came down and all these snags happened. I just want the bathroom done. This August, it's been TWO years since we started the project. TWO YEARS! So hopefully things will fall into place and the bathroom will be done by the end of May. Hopefully!

As I type this, my dad and Andy are in the nursery preparing to paint it. I helped by taping off around the floor boards and door/window. They are hoping to get a coat of paint on tonight. I'll be making dinner in a little bit - stromboli's - YUM! I feel lazy not being able to help very much, but I want to be careful. I hope the nursery turns out nice - it sucks sometimes owning a 32- year old house - things aren't as perfect as you would like them to be. That's why we're going to try for a new construction with our next house!

Ok, I'm rambling here. Time to go see if there is anything I can do to help and if not, I'll probably start dinner or maybe walk the dogs. It's freaking gorgeous out there!!!

Have a great week!

0 comments: